Join the Friends of Foundry Wood for an afternoon of celebration!
Entertainment in the Outdoor Classroom:
- 2 – 2:30pm Acoustic music by Jill Davis
- 2:30pm Enjoy some magical story telling with Jen from @Magicalworldofstories. There will be stories and songs, suitable for all ages to enjoy.
- 3 – 4pm Bring and Share afternoon tea. Hot drinks and cake also provided!
- 4pm: Poetry reading with Matt Black
- 4:15 – 5pm Singing for Joy Workshop: Join Jill Davies and learn a few simple songs
- 5pm – 5:30pm A performance of The Bee Charmer by Pyn Stockman – a tale inspired by a European folk tale and was partly developed through workshops wellbeing groups based at Foundry Wood. Suitable for adults and children 12+
Activities around the woods throughout the afternoon:
Visit the play area to add your wish to the climbing frame, make a wooden ‘flower’ using a ‘shave horse’, do some pond dipping (and spot some newts!), take our quiz about the woods, have your face painted, make bees from alder cones, go on a bug hunt, see an exhibition of photos from our 10-year history
- 2:30 and 5pm – Guided tours of the The Sidings area (approx 30 mins). Meet at the Railway Wagon
All activities are provided free of charge by people who run activities in the woods. Please feel free to make a cash donation for thier time and to support Foundry Wood.Suitable for all ages. For more details visit www.foundrywood.co.uk/events